Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Friday Happys

I've spent all week being really mad: ranting, raving, "The world is going to hell in Susan G. Komen's hand basket!" kind of mad. I'm exhausted. That kind of rage takes serious work. And anyway, I wanted this blog to have a little less outrage and a lot more Miss Piggy.

By the time I get to Friday, I am often so full of my own ire that my stomach hurts. I need to take a step back and use the internet for its higher purposes: expanding trivial knowledge and watching funny videos on YouTube.

So instead of more ranting, here are five Friday Happys to take into the weekend. No commentary (well, maybe a little), just a few things to make you smile. To really get in the mood, you should start singing "My Favorite Things" right now.

Happy #1: Charles Dickens turns 200 next week, and the Queen of England is throwing him a birthday party! Get your favorite bookworms together next Tuesday and run around a restaurant saying, "Please, sir, I want some more."

Happy #2: This video of Rita Moreno singing "Fever" with Animal and Floyd is probably one of the greatest Muppets moments ever. Rita: 1, Muppets: 0.



Happy #3: Billy Ray Cyrus is writing his memoir, due out next spring. I really hope he spills the beans on who does his highlights (snark) and how he feels about... oh, who cares? Enough with the memoir craze, already.

Happy #4: More Muppets. The Swedish Chef making Swedish meatballs. Muppet gold.



Happy #5: And how's this for a Friday Happy? Susan G. Komen for the Cure just now released this statement. I'm so glad you came around, Susan. Gotta tell you, though, I'm still a little miffed that you would turn on me like that. Our friendship is on probation; I'd say we're frenemies. But I'm happy you're back. Sort of.

Happy Friday, everyone!

*Still singing "My Favorite Things." This is going to be stuck in my head all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis